This 3D paper art work can be created very quickly, and will make your home look a little as if it were summer yet, despite the cold outside, and maybe even snow falling.
- Tools/supplies you’ll need:
- scissors, exacto-knife, ruler, printer, glue, frame, light white cardboard, colorful paper for background
- Skills you’ll need:
- steady hands, ability to cut very carefully with an exacto-knife
How to proceed:
- optionally: adapt the template to your needs by editing the original svg file (Licence: CC-By-SA 4.0)
- print your version or this template file (Licence: CC-By-SA 4.0) out on sturdy paper (I chose white light cardboard)
- score along the dashed lines using a ruler and a pointed, but not cutting instrument (like one end of small scissors)
- cut the butterflies out very carefully along the solid lines, leaving the blue parts un-cut.
- turn the work around and push the butterflies out
- fold along the pre-creased lines
- optionally carefully shape the wings a little to make them look more natural
- glue it onto a contrasting background, with summerly colors
- frame it in a deep frame (I got mine at a flea market and painted it white)
- hang it on a wall or put it somewhere else where you can enjoy it, or give it as a gift
Enjoy your little paper art work!
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License. You may share and adapt the contents, as long as you publish the result under the same license and give appropriate credit.